Monday, August 6, 2012

WIP: HGUC RX-0 Unicorn Gundam (Unicorn Mode)



I have managed to rush the HGUC Unicorn and finished it in a few days, it almost turned out the way I wanted it to be. Just wanted it have a bit more shading. This is my 4th painted kit and I've been using the basic Tamiya Sprayworks so i really cant do much pre/post- shading. I haven't decided also what to do with the bazooka, which I've painted with the same sky grey color as the frame and joints. This has no panels lines whatsoever too which is cool for me and I think will stay that way.




Colors used: 

What used to be White Parts:

Base coat: Matte black
2nd coat: Sky Grey/Matte Black - 60/40
Final coat: White Gloss

What used to be Dark Grey: 

Sky Grey

What used to be Blue/Navy Blue:

Sky Blue/ Field Blue - 50/50

* All were Tamiya Acrylics


















Really hoping i can understand the phrase "Patience is a virtue" so as to lessen the bloopers i have on my kits. This time the bloopers weren't on the painting aspect (I guess??) but on the sanding part. Ive managed to miss some nubs (Which are now pretty obvious after painting) because im that lazy that i dont prime my HGs. But I'm still glad I'm improving and acknowledging that experience is the best teacher.


Next up should be the Geara Zulu (Angelo Sauper) or the Sinanju.. both HGUCs still.


Feel free to comment and i appreciate your feedback so i can improve on this. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment